Prevent Your Phone From Overheating This Summer
No matter if you’re out dining on the patio, exercising outside, or splashing in the water the last thing you want to be thinking about is your phone overheating. Here’s a few tips for helping your phone keep its cool.
- Avoid leaving your device in direct sunlight. Shade is your phone’s friend!
- Don’t leave your phone in a hot car or in a hot place. Sometimes even your pocket is too warm. Think shade and air movement.
- Conserve battery and processing while being in the heat. Shut down any apps you’re not using and turn off any services like Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
- Take off the case if your phone is hot. The rubber and plastic layers will act to lock in heat. Take it off give it some air.
- Keeping your apps up to date and remove unneeded files and apps. This will help the phone use less processing and battery power, thus keeping it cooler.
- Don’t stack electronics together. They are heat sources, so putting them side by side or stacked in the warm weather is going to heat them up.
- Try turning it off if you get an overheating warning. Give your phone a break and get some air flowing over it to cool it down.
- Never change temperatures too drastically. Like putting a hot phone in a freezer. This can break the phone permanently.
There you go, you’re phone should be much happier now that you know how to keep it at the right temperature. We hope you enjoy every ounce of summer and never have to worry about your mobile device.
If you need more help with your phone, come right in to one of our stores. We’re happy to help you with any troubleshooting or info on basic operation of your phone.
Now go enjoy the rest of the Summer!