VZ Navigation Global Sunset
As of September 28th, 2012, Verizon has discontinued its VZ Navigator Global service. Verizon Customers with a VZ Navigator Global feature were notified about the end of this product starting on 09/04. Customers are still encouraged to sign up for VZ Navigator domestic, which is FREE for the first 30 days then only $4.99 per month.
- Verizon Consumer customers received a similar text message: “Free VZW Msg Starting 9/28/12, Global VZ Navigator is discontinued and you won’t be billed. Try VZ Nav domestic free for 30 days.”
- Verizon Business customers should have received a letter the week of 09/17 directed toward their Single Point of Contact.
For those Android-Powered Phone users with Google Maps Navigation, you are probably wondering what are the key differences with VZ Navigator?
The free Google Maps Navigation app offers several of the same features as the VZ Navigator service from Verizon Wireless, such as turn-by-turn GPS navigation with voice guidance and POI search. However, below are some of the many features that Google Maps does not include:
- Real-time traffic refreshed every 60 seconds
- Re-routing around traffic, congestion, and incidents
- Audible traffic alerts
- Facebook status updates
- Begin navigation inside a parking garage
- Multiple navigation voice selection (5 to choose from)
- Local streaming of weather and events
- 411 Live Agent assistance
- Extras like gas prices and movie show times
Make sure you follow GoWireless on Twitter or Like GoWireless on Facebook to stay up to speed on the latest Verizon Smartphones and News. You can also visit http://tiny.cc/m5wfkw to find a Store near you for more information.